2 Months SLs and Wash after 3 Weeks

I washed my hair yesterday (8/22/09). It was 3 weeks after the last wash. I intentionally waited this long because I felt that the more frequent washes were causing unravelling. After yesterday's wash, I did not have any unravelling which is good. So now, I will stick to the 3 week or even dare to go up to 4 weeks wash routine. This routine is temporary-until the majority of my locks have matured. I do not see any extensive new growth, so I figure that I will wait another 3 weeks (or more) before retightening.

I did not braid this time, but I banded. This is my first time washing my hair without braiding. I guess I will continue this trend until I see the necessity to braid. I washed with the SLs starter shampoo and did an apple cider vinegar rinse. My hair felt good after the ACV rinse. I will also continue this.

I noticed a few of my ends seemed to be curling up instead of being straight (because of perm). That is a good sign, I think. I wished though that the majority were curled up. Oh well, patience will pay off.

I am looking forward to my six month mark. For some reason, I gave my hair six months to show some type of "big" progress. For me, a "big" progress would be to have about an inch of new growth or whatever else is in store.

Comments

Popular Posts