Sisterlocks Hair Care Help

Has sisterlocks for a little over a week now. I need help shampooing because my hair is dry and flaky especially in the front. I was told by my consultant that it was okay to shampoo weekly using my regular shampoo. That doesn't sound right. I could be wrong. Please help my sisterlock sisters.

P.S.
I also have mostly permed ends. I used Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion before roller setting (when I have special plans). After finger-combing, the result is cute curls.

Comments

  1. maybe it's ok to shampoo weekly, but with your 'regular shampoo'? thatwould depend upon your regular shampoo!

    i would stick with SL starter shampoo or a very clarifying shampoo, like herbal essences' 'degunkify'

    personally, i wouldn't shampoo weekly (and i love not having to!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. flaking will slow down.

    an applecider vinegar rinse might help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Doc Locs for your advice. I will try the applecider vinegar. Thank God for the internet. After my install, I was again researching sisterlocks and realized that my consultant was supposed to give me the starter kit but neglected to do so (said she forgot). Anyway, I called her up and went to retrieve my starter kit.

    I used the starter shampoo. I have shampooed once (currently a few days into my two weeks of SLs). I will take your advice about not shampooing weekly and will be sure to purchase and use the applecider vinegar. Question: How is it used? Another question: I had oiled my scalp with the tea tree oil to cut back on flakes. That seemed to work some. Is it advisable to use the oil with water or stay clear away from any types of oil for now? Thank you so much. I have been reading so many blogs but a lot of the info does not pertain to newly installed locks as new as mine. I figured the older locks can use a wider variety of products than the newly installed ones. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that my consultant is a trainee and I am her first client. I will see how things progress...

    Also, I cut about two inches off of my permed ends today. I had about an average of 4 inches of perm to about 1 1/2-2 inches of SL. My dream is to get my SLed hair into a ponytail lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My SL's are about four months old. The first two weeks I didn't use oil or water on them at all. However, I work out so I had sweat in my head which may have helped in the moisturizing department. I suggest not using anything for the first few weeks until your retightening. If you do feel the need to use anything dilute your tea tree oil with water 1:3 (1 part tea tree to 3 parts water).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gigglz for your advice. I will be sure to do that the next time I decide to use the tea tree oil. For the past couple of days, I have been spraying only water from my spray bottle (must remember to replace spray bottle because too much is coming out at once). However, I don't think I can do without putting anything on my hair for the first few weeks. My scalp is not that kind lol.

    I did something today (possible stupid???). I was either sisterlock happy or scissor happy but I cut the majority of the perm off of my ends. Now, I am about an inch or two of sisterlocks in most places. The length is something I have to get used to. My reason for doing that is because I was tired of looking at my hair and seeing perm instead of the locks. Also, I read somewhere that it takes longer for the locks to form with the permed ends. I only hope that I have not messed up my hair. Please let me know if my decision to chop leaving 1-2 inches of hair was a good or not so good one. I am thinking in terms of retightening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to give helpful tips about your knowledge of Sisterlocks.

Popular Posts