Week 3 Wash (SL Starter Shampoo) & Rinse (Apple Cider Vinegar)



I did my second wash exactly 3 weeks to the day of my completion. That was my second wash. This time, I did a few things differently.

1)I diluted SL starter shampoo with 3 times the amount of water per shampoo. I was surprised that I was able to braid and band even with most of the permed ends chopped

2)I diluted 50ml apple cider vinegar to about 3 times amount of water

3)After shampoo, I sprayed (from spray bottle)the ACV rinse in my hair and left on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing out

I must admit that I was very skeptical about the ACV rinse helping my dandruffy scalp. Neeless to say, two days later my hair is still looking dandruff free. I will see how long this last before dandruff build up. So far, I am pleased with the ACV rinse. Thanks to Docs Locs for recommending.

For now, my hair regimen will consist of washing at least every two weeks: shampooing with SL starter shampoo, ACV rinse, and spritzing with water when I feel the need for moisture.

I will have my 1st retightening shortly before 6 weeks (in the next few weeks)because I need to work around mine and the consultant's schedule. I probably would have waited a few more weeks but I have two locks that have completely unravel at the nape of the neck (even before second wash). Also, I need her to see if I did any damage when I cut the perm myself. I must say that most of my locks seem to be intact while a few is cause for concern.

Comments

  1. So the itching has stopped thats good. The slippage is normal in the beginning. I had two or three slip in before my first retightening, and then another two before my second. It will decrease as time goes on just part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis!
    Welcome to the sisterlocks family. Your hair looks lovely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Gigglz-thanks for helping out because I was really frustrated with how to properly care for my new SL.

    @ Sunny-your comment warmed my heart. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to give helpful tips about your knowledge of Sisterlocks.

Popular Posts