Locking at 7 Months/Permanent Hair Color

Didn't even realize that 7 months flew by so fast. I colored my hair (myself) using Creme of Nature Raging Red permanent hair color. I was hoping for more boldness to my hair. Instead, the light has to shine on my hair in order to see boldness (I think). I plan on putting a red rinse in the next few weeks in order to get more boldness. I didn't really do much research on hair color. I just jumped into it.

I had retightened two days after coloring. My last retightening was over 2 months ago. I plan on retightening on two months interval instead of 6 weeks. My consultant said that my hair is LOCKING especially at the nape and back of the head. I believe her because when I colored I did not braid or band. I just went into it and was going to deal with the consequences after. I expected major unraveling and that didn't happen. Nothing out of the ordinary happened except the usual unraveling from the root that always happens whenever I wash anyway. This is one of the reasons that I wash every 3 weeks.

I honestly believe that me washing my hair every 3 weeks instead of more often contributed to my locking this quickly. I still have perm on my ends and so I thought that I would have to wait at least a year to even hear the word "lock" used to describe my hair. I barely put anything in my hair.


Comments

Popular Posts