New Shampoo

I washed today after almost 2 months of not washing. My reason for not washing is because I knew that I would not be able to retighten until the thanksgiving vacation. I did not want to wash and risk unraveling. My hair was not as gross as one would thought. I had the usual flakes from dry scalp. However, the dirty scalp that used to be present in the front edges have not been seen. I don't know if time is to be credited or the Apple Cider Vinegar that I rinsed with in the past. Whatever the reason, I am grateful.

I changed up my way of washing once again.

1. I used only the Suave Clarifying Shampoo that I have heard so many stories about.

2. I did not braid or band because I wanted to get a good wash after not washing for so long.

3. I did not dilute the shampoo. I washed twice. I haven't seen any hallelujah moment as of now. The positive though is that I like the lather because this makes me feel as if my hair is truly getting washed. I hate when I finished washing and it does not feel as if it is clean. This is usually the case when I braid and band.

4. Did not rinse with ACV.

5. Didn't see any damage caused by not braiding or banding. I was expecting to see unraveling galore but only saw two in the front. Those two were unraveled shortly after my last retightening anyway before I even washed.

6. After wash, I allowed to air dry for an hour or so before braiding and tucking under. Will take out in the morning. Result is usually tight crinkles.

I am badly in need of a retightening. Luckily, my appointment is for this coming Tuesday.

I must say that I have truly seen progress. My hair seems to be growing. At first, I thought that it was all in my mind until my husband told me that I have "big hair." He has also been playing in my hair and tells me that he likes them. This is a big deal because when I first cut off the perm and was sporting the real short look he was not my biggest fan. The cut was a bit too drastic for him. Oh, well. Also, a young lady about 12 or so was curious about my hair and asked if she could touch them. Proudly, I said yes.

My style for the past month has been to braid at night, tuck braids under and finger style in the mornings. My result is beautiful crinkles. I LOVE MY SISTERLOCKS!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts