4 months and Counting

I can definitely see some progress. I don't know if it is my imagination or if my hair is actually growing; it seems to be. The reason for my doubt with the growth is because I have not seen any major spurt of new growth. In fact, it seems to be less than normal. LOL, maybe it is me. Nevertheless, I can see the thickening up especially after a wash.

I washed last week. I used SL starter shampoo and then rinsed with ACV. I braided and banded this time. I will not braid anymore when I wash; my hair does not seems to be as clean when I braid during the wash. Because I had to go to bed after the wash, I braided my hair and tucked it under. The morning result was some nice crinkles. In fact, for the rest of the week I continued to braid each night to get those beautiful crinkles. I love those crinkles. I have received compliments. I also notice that sometimes my hair gets that curious stare. I love those curious stares. I know that my hair is probably a mystery to some. I have been asked in the past, "are those twists?"

I bought a new brand of tea tree oil last week. The name is Parnevu T-Tree Scalp Oil. For the past few months, I've been using the Max brand. I washed last week but did not put anything else in my hair since then. Today, I am going to moisturize my scalp with the new tea tree oil and see if it is as decent as the last. I stopped spritzing with water. Quite frankly, I don't know if it does anything expect unravel my hair more than the normal shampooing does. I wash every 3weeks with the hopes of getting less unraveling. Although nothing has totally unraveled thus far, a lot of them seems to be unraveling from the root area instead of the tip. I find that a bit strange because she usually does it tightly or so it seems. I feel as if my purpose is being defeated if my hair is unraveling from the root area and not locking.

Oh yeah, it's been 6 weeks since my last retightening. I usually retighten every 6 weeks. Now, I will try to go an extra 3 weeks (unless a hair emergency arises)because of my schedule. Also, I want my next retightening to be as close to my due date (12/14) as possible. With a new baby, I will not have time to worry about hair for the first few weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts