2nd Retightening (almost 3 months SLs)




I had my second retightening a few days ago. It lasted about 4 hours, 15 minutes more than the last. I paid $75.00 which I thought was decent. Personally, I didn't notice any major growth and thought that it was more unraveling than growth. However, my consultant said that there was some growth. Since my last retightening, I had only washed twice (every 3 weeks). In an attempt to give me a braid out style, my consultant put Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion in my hair before braiding and sprayed a little hair spray. I must say that I must let her know not to put that in again. Now, my hair is soft. I don't like soft when I am not locked and still has permed ends. For me, soft=unraveling. I am going to wait 3 weeks to wash.
Each week, I oil scalp once per week with tea tree oil and spritz with water on other days. My spritzing bottle really needs to be replaced because it is doing more soaking than spritzing. I had about 2 or 3 unravel after my second wash (from middle of head). Those were a bit loose before anyway. Still, I broke a few rules during my second wash (2 days before 2nd retightening). I did the following:
1. I did not braid or band (was in a hurry and lost patience. I will not do that again though). I did not notice any major damage except that 3 unraveled. I assume it is because of the creamy tea tree oil shampoo that I used (left hair soft)plus the fact that they were almost unraveled to begin with.
2. I used a tea tree oil shampoo that was creamy and not clear then used the SL starter shampoo. I also rinsed with the apple cider vinegar. My hair was not as hard as I wanted it to be. At this stage, I want my hair to lock first before I start to worry about softness. Softness=unraveling for my hair (still has permed ends).
Comments
Post a Comment
Please feel free to give helpful tips about your knowledge of Sisterlocks.