Washed and Rinsed (Cherry Colored)



The picture at the top is a bit exaggerated.  Although I am experiencing growth, I was actually tilting my head back in it; It appeared that my hair is longer than it actually is.  The second pic is showing some skin (back) while the first pic covered it up.  However, I noticed that immediately after washing (before drying and shrinkage) my hair is longer and seems fuller.  In both pics my hair is wet.  I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL LOCKS. IF ONLY I HAD ALWAYS SEEN THE BEAUTY IN MY GOD-GIVEN GIFT.  GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES!  HE GAVE ME MY OVERLY CURLY CURLS BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY HE MEANT IT TO BE.  INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT I DON'T HAVE, I PREFER TO MAKE THE BEST OF WHAT I DO HAVE. 

My loctician said that I am locked.  Still, I had a few unravel due to frequent washing (my opinion).  I need to stick to a schedule of washing no less than two weeks.  I wish I could do the weekly washing but with each washing comes some unraveling.  If I was able to retight my hair, I would do the weekly washing.  I retight every 8 weeks and this time I went on time because there were too many (about 4) unraveled locks for my liking. 

I need to post a pic of the products that I bought to experiment with.  I think that the JML No Itch Spray is my favorite thus far.  I always go back to that.  The Palmers Coconut Oil (posted a few posts back) is my second favorite.  Sure it is a little greasy, but it gets the job done for me. 

I am a bit obsessed with my hair ends.  I am constantly clipping any thin ends that I see hanging which are probably the result of the perm.  I am the one who has done all of the cutting/clipping to my hair.  I was looking at my early pics and my permed ends that I cut off myself.  I remember my consultant being unhappy with my decision to cut my hair really soon into the SL journey.  Really, it was about MY hair and my feelings!  Some things in life are not that serious!  I remember freaking out when I lost about 4-6 locks in the front of my hair a few months into the journey.  I thought that all of my locks were going to start hanging by a thread.  After I soon got over that, I realized that I will no longer freak out over loosing a lock or two.  Now, you couldn' t tell that I had lost locks.  Hair does grow back!

Comments

  1. Wow...I would have freaked out over lost loc's as well. I'm glad you were able to get over it though. I installed medium sized braidlocs, because I was afraid my locs would break off (my hair is kinda week. I still think about taking my loc's down and making them smaller. Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to give helpful tips about your knowledge of Sisterlocks.

Popular Posts