STYLING MY SISTERLOCKS
This twist style came as the result of me trying to recreate a style from YOUTUBE. Although I did not get the style intended, I was happy with this result. I twisted using the JML gel (in the jar) pictured below. I oiled my scalp using the oil, also pictured. I also applied some JML No More Itch Spray. I kept this style in for several days but made sure that my hair was well moisturized to prevent drying. After I took these twists out, I sprayed my hair with plain distilled water and got nice soft hair with a bit of a shine (from the gel) for my braid out. For me, the gel works best when plain water is applied to the hair after using it.
Shortly after posting the last set of pics, I cut a bit of my hair. The hair at the back seemed to be running away from the rest and I was not happy with that. My hair is layered; I wanted a more even appearance. I cut my hair into a bob-like style (cutting the ends all around my head, mostly from the back which was the longest). I liked the result which is more like a layered bob. However, I suspect that my back will continue to grow faster than any other side. I also applied a semi-permanent hair color ADORE: Wild Cherry 69 (pictures are not up as yet with this color). The result was what I have been looking for from the beginning, the sort of burgundy looking hair color. I had no idea what the ending result would be. I took a chance, and it worked! I LOVE MY HAIR, NEVER HAD A MOMENT OF REGRET FOR LOCKING MY HAIR!
This style is so adorable on you because it looks kind of heart-shaped. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Dewdrop. You are one of my inspiration for this hair journey.
ReplyDeleteCute!! Very chic and classy!! and I WILL BE STEALIN IT!! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Afrolady. I got compliments from work on the style and wanted to share in case someone wanted to style their hair this way. STEAL AWAYYYY LOL. We are here to help each other.
ReplyDeleteI used to rock that color! Your hair is growing and I'm gonna have to rock that style.
ReplyDeleteThank you Charizmaoo. I am rocking the style at this moment and has been for the past few days for work. It has become a favorite of mine. I think that you would like it too. Post some pics when you rock the style.
ReplyDelete