17 MONTHS SISTERLOCKED: JUST FINISHED WASHING WITH PERT PLUS DANDRUFF SHAMPOO







From looking at the pics, it seems as if I am experiencing some growth. I washed yesterday (two weeks since last wash and retightening)with Pert Plus Dandruff Shampoo. My biggest issue is DANDRUFF. I used the Jamaican Mango Lime Medicated spray for dandruff but that relief doesn't last too long. Anyway, DANDRUFF is my only issue with my hair. I always had dandruff but used to wash every week when I had permed hair. Even then, after about 3 days dandruff would re-appear. My mom used to say that I have "growing dandruff." If that was the case, my hair should be dragging on the ground by now lol. I LOVE MY LOCKS. I get A LOT of compliments from the yound and old. I also colored (although I said that I was going to wait) with Dark and Lovely Vivacious red. I did it myself and did not used a hair dryer. I like the color.

Comments

  1. Your hair looks great! I just took my braids out and caught a glimpse of how locks would look on me and I'm super excited to get started. Just waiting for a desired length before I start twisting.

    The dandruff issue: My aunt was recently diagnosed with psoriasis after years of battling with what she thought was dandruff. And just like you she tried every dandruff shampoo and remedy known to mankind (which only gave her temporary relief) until she paid a visit to the dermatologist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am quite sure that locks will look lovely on you when you get them. Thanks for the info regarding your aunt's dandruff issue. I have to see the dermatologist in the near future about another issue and hope that I remember to ask about my dandruff issue. I have had dandruff for as long as I can remember and always thought that was the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, just stumbled upon your blog. Your locs look very lovely.
    Dandruff: I had suffered with dandruff until I read a sista's blog who had used Nizoral shampoo and creme. I decided to give it a try. I got the creme and mixed it in my hair oil (Organic Root Stimulator anti-itch Scalp oil) and oh boy the dandruff and itching dissapeared IMEDIATELY. It's what I apply on the SCALP after shampooing. You could give it a try. I hope it works for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Zar. I will HAVE to try the Nizoral shampoo because it seems as if the Pert Plus is not the cure for me. I am washing more often now. I am down to washing about every one and 1/2 to 2 weeks. I am aiming for weekly washings. But, I am in fear of unraveling and having to retight sooner than the 2 month retightening schedule that I set for myself. I will definitely try the Nizoral and see how that works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to give helpful tips about your knowledge of Sisterlocks.

Popular Posts